Our vessels are now licensed for beer and wine sales on board and our shop is licensed for beer sales. Therefore, guests are no longer allowed to bring their own alcoholic beverages on the trips. We do have beer for sale everyday in store and beer and wine on the vessels for sale to individuals 21 years of age and older in accordance with the California Alcohol and Beverage Control regulations.
We have a 48 hour cancellation policy for Individual reservations that have been held or secured with a credit card over the phone through our office. You may cancel or change your reservation prior to the last 48 hours without charge.
Our vessels accommodate a certain number of people before we have to turn them away. Therefore, you are considered as committed to your reservation through the last 48 hours. Cancellation within the last 48 hours is subject to a 100% charge. Parties with guaranteed reservations who fail to show or arrive too late and miss the trip will be charged the full price.
If we are going to cancel a trip due to weather, lack of participation, or unforeseen circumstances we will attempt to reach you at the phone number you provided as soon as possible.
If you are unsure about weather, please call and we will advise you on the trip status.
Weather Forecasts often prove to be inaccurate and are constantly changing. Weather from surrounding areas is not necessarily the same as what is being experienced in Monterey. We usually will determine whether we will run or not prior to departure time. This may happen at the last moment. However, if a major storm comes through and we know for sure the night before that we will be unable to run through the day, we will attempt to contact you and cancel in advance.
There is no charge to you if we cancel the trip due to weather. In the event of cancellation of the cruise due to weather during the trip, a rain check will be issued for another day.
Our Captains have been examined, Certified Competent and issued a Masters License by the United States Coast Guard. Captains determine safety of conditions for the trip. If the captain determines conditions are not safe for the trip, it will be canceled.
Our vessels are fully insured and carry all of the required safety equipment such as life jackets with lights and Emergency Position Radio Beacon.
If You have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Us or call us at (831)372-7440
**COVID-19 Policy UPDATE AS OF 12/20/20**
We here at J&M Sportfishing are very excited to announce that our doors are OPEN with modifications for fishing trips beginning!
We are taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all of our passengers and crew
Rock cod season is open until Dec 31st, 2020 and we are currently running Cod & Crab Combos. As of Jan 1st, 2021 we will be offering Dab & Crab Combo Trips.
Please to help traffic flow easier, if you are able to, BOOK YOUR TRIP ONLINE at jmsportfishing.com.
We are asked to have our check in and payment systems as “no touch” as possible so please fill out the online waiver when booking trips online and if you prefer, fishing licenses can be bought online through the CA department of fish and wildlife.
Due to covid19, we have had to limit our capacity for fishing trips and due to this we have had to raise prices. We are also implementing new and updated cleaning procedures.
If you experience a fever or other symptoms, please stay home.
All passengers and crew must wear masks.
• Restrooms will be sanitized on a regular schedule throughout the trip
• Passengers on board must be limited so that 6 feet of social distancing can be maintained at all times
• Rod holders must be spaced 6 feet apart
• Increased sanitation procedures have been implemented both during/between trips
• Prohibit shared handling of fishing equipment and fish
• Before boarding and during the check in process all passengers shall wait on the dock 6 feet apart
• Passengers shall not board the vessel until permission is given by the captain/crew. Boarding/off-loading shall be done one at a time
• Vessels shall encourage contactless means of payment
• Passengers are prohibited from sharing food/drinks, shaking hands, or engaging in unnecessary physical contact
• Passengers are only permitted to bring hand-held lunch coolers, large coolers are NOT allowed on the vessel
• High touch/high traffic surfaces such as: counters, railings, bathrooms, seating areas shall be sanitized on a regular basis
Thank you for all of your love and support during these difficult times!